Wilson's Phalarope and Break-In - 21 Aug 2003


21 August 2003 Pt. Mouillee SGA, Monroe Co.

1600 Hrs. I parked at Roberts Road and headed out to Cell 2 to look for shorebirds. It was a hot 85F day with high humidity. A Northern Flicker was perched in the trees next to the parking lot.


I arrived at Cell 2 and found a pair of Wilson's Phalaropes foraging close enough for some nice digiscoping opportunities with the Nikon CP990 (hand-held). Lesser Yellowlegs and Semipalmated Sandpipers made for nice size contrast.





When I returned to the parking lot I found that my car had been busted into. Grr. The window was smashed in and the radio stolen. There had been a rash of break-ins the past few days and I was the latest victim. Serves me right for being the only car in the lot...





This will probably be my last birding outing until Christmas Bird Count 2003...

Pte. Mouillee SGA (permit required Sep 1-Dec 15), Monroe, Michigan, US
Aug 21, 2003 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
4.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments:     Hot humid. 85F; car boken into at Roberts Road parking lot.
3 species

Wilson's Phalarope (Phalaropus tricolor)  2
Lesser Yellowlegs (Tringa flavipes)  2
Semipalmated Sandpiper (Calidris pusilla)  6

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S183732442

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)