1st Red-winged Blackbirds - 16 Feb 2005

16 February 2005 Pt. Mouillee SGA, Monroe Co.

1800 Hrs.  On the way to bird club (ESBA) meeting in Monroe, I stopped by the parking lot for the middle causeway (between Siegler and Roberts Roads).  A short walk up the causeway allowed me to hear my first Red-winged Blackbirds and Rusty Blackbirds of the year!  Tundra and Mute Swans were flying east toward the lake from the fields, as well as several small flocks of Canada Geese.  I spotted a rooster Ring-necked Pheasant fly across the marsh as I looked (no luck) for the Short-eared Owl.  Spring is coming….  Posts have come in about first Kildeer sightings in Lenawee Co and Washtenaw Co.

Pte. Mouillee SGA (permit required Sep 1-Dec 15), Monroe, Michigan, US
Feb 16, 2005 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments:     Mouillee Creek and Middle Causeway
6 species

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)  6
Mute Swan (Cygnus olor)  6
Tundra Swan (Cygnus columbianus)  12
Ring-necked Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus)  1
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)  3
Common Grackle (Quiscalus quiscula)  2

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S182068192

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)

Comments