Killdeer! - 08 Apr 2005

08 April 2005 BASF Corp., Wyandotte, MI

1530 Hrs.  Sunny, clear, 67ºF;  As I walk to the car I’m greeted by (3) Killdeer standing on the train tracks immediately in front of the car.  I have the camera and 400mm lens next to me, but w/ photo restrictions on site I’m reluctant to shoot them… 

I take a quick trip down to the river and see (2) American Kestrels in the tree over the burm, and a pair of Canada Geese on the ground.  At the river I’m greeted by (3) Savannah Sparrows.  Again, they’re close enough to photograph, but I don’t dare try.  Lovely sparrows, heavily streaked with bright yellow forehead wash.  One appeared to be an immature as it had a duller look with less distinctive yellow on the forehead.

BASF Corporation, Wayne, Michigan, US
Apr 8, 2005 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.2 mile(s)
Checklist Comments:     After work. On-site
4 species

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)  2
Killdeer (Charadrius vociferus)  3
American Kestrel (Falco sparverius)  2
Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwichensis)  3

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S41778565

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)