Ruddy Turnstones - 06 Jun 2005

 

0730 Hrs.  Clear, sunny, hot, 75ºF.  Last day of my vacation, I decided to check out Erie Marsh Preserve in southern Monroe Co. However, traffic on I-75 S was backed up at Luna Pier, so I opted to take the exit and see what was about near the lakeshore.  

At the end of the road was a small parking lot with a pier.  In the muddy shallows below the pier I saw (7) Ruddy Turnstones and a single Semipalmated Sandpiper.  I took tons of pics both with the D70 and digiscoping equipment.








Luna Pier (town), Monroe, Michigan, US
Jun 6, 2005 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:     beach front
2 species

Ruddy Turnstone (Arenaria interpres)  7
Semipalmated Sandpiper (Calidris pusilla)  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S41781662

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)

I then stopped by Pt. Mouillee HQ via Campau Road on the way home. Red-winged Blackbirds, Painted Turtles and a Great Blue Heron were the highlights.