Digi-binning! - 16 Jan 2007
We’re getting ready to take Mom and Hal to Florida at the end of the week, and I won’t be able to take my scope and tripod with me. So, I’ve decided to make a digiscoping adaptor for my binoculars. Using a plastic jar lid that fits snug over the eyepiece of my Nikon Premier LX 10X42 binoculars I built an adaptor using nylon hose clamps like the one described on the 12th.
I took it down to Bishop Park at lunchtime to try it, and it works great! I photographed a Ring-billed Gull using the camera at 8mm and 24mm and using the adaptor at 8mm and 24mm. Despite a bit of chromatic aberration (purple fringing) the images were extremely sharp at 15 yards.
I was also able to digi-bin a Red-tailed Hawk at about 100yds in Allen Park at the Fairlane Green Mall ponds.














Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.