Grace Lake Gulls - 13 Jan 2007
1500 Hrs. Cloudy, cool, drizzly, 32ºF w/ snow expected tonight and tomorrow. Robin and I drove out to Grace Lake at the Visteon complex on Tyler Rd east of I-275 (take 94 east to Haggerty north to Tyler east over I-275 and left into the Visteon complex or into the cemetery just past that).
The small lake held about a 1000 Herring and Ring-billed Gulls and I counted 25 adult and 4 immature Great Black-backed Gulls. One immature looked like a 2nd winter bird with black back but still light brown primaries and a black spot on the yellow bill that hadn’t turned red, yet.
Grace Lake (Visteon Pond), Wayne, Michigan, US
Jan 13, 2007 3:00 PM - 3:20 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments: Cloudy, cool, drizzly, 32F w/ snow expected tonight and tomorrow
3 species
Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis) 550
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) 430
Great Black-backed Gull (Larus marinus) 29 25 adult and 4 immature (one w/ brown back presumed to be 1st winter)
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)
A drive out to Willow Run Airport yielded only a single Red-tail Hawk.
Willow Run Airport (restricted access), Wayne, Michigan, US. Jan 13, 2007 3:45 PM - 4:05 PM
Protocol: Traveling1.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: Cloudy, drizzly, 32F, snow expected tonight and tomorrow
1 species
Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) 1
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)





Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.