Northern Mockingbird in Wyandotte - 18 Jan 2007

1530 Hrs.  Leaving work this afternoon I saw a Northern Mockingbird alight on the street light controller box directly across Biddle next to the railroad tracks.  I immediately got my binocs out and attempted to photograph it, but if flew directly across the street toward me to my left and landed on the BASF sign outside of the shipping department.  I was going to turn right onto Biddle, but decided to turn left at the last second, go down to the contractor driveway and turn around.  But it was gone by the time I got back.  Neat though, and I’ll be looking for it in the morning!

BASF Corporation, Wayne, Michigan, US

Jan 18, 2007 3:30 PMProtocol: Incidental
Checklist Comments: Leaving work
1 species

Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) 1 Leaving work this afternoon I saw a Northern Mockingbird alight on the street light controller box directly across Biddle next to the railroad tracks. I immediately got my binocs out and attempted to photograph it, but if flew directly across the street toward me to my left and landed on the BASF sign outside of the shipping department. I was going to turn right onto Biddle, but decided to turn left at the last second, go down to the contractor driveway and turn around. But it was gone by the time I got back. Neat though, and I’ll be looking for it in the morning!

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S41892862

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)

Comments