Wyandotte Canvasbacks - 18 Feb 2007

1430 Hrs.  It is Sunday afternoon and we’ve just returned from up north.  I ran down to the river to check for ducks, and what sunshine we had quickly has disappeared.  Nothing of note at the marinas, so I headed w/ scope down to Ecorse Park.  

There’s a large raft of Canvasback on the river close to shore, and I get a few pics w/ the camera and w/ digiscoping.  A small flock of Cans fly by and get a couple of flight shots.  




As I stood quietly along the river’s edge, a male Common Goldeneye floated by unaware of me as it preened quietly below me.  After a half dozen shots it moved onward.  


A female Redhead, then male Redhead floated by and I got some nice closeups before they moved on.  



I spent the rest of the time trying to digiscope the large raft of Canvasback, but the cloudy weather and cold made it difficult to get anything but fair images.

Dingell Park (formally Ecorse Park), Wayne, Michigan, US
Feb 18, 2007 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.1 mile(s)
3 species

Canvasback (Aythya valisineria)  76
Redhead (Aythya americana)  2
Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula)  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S174115188

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)