Manheim, Germany - 03 Mar 2007
I'm here in Germany for a week to meet w/ colleagues at BASF. Head cold, rain, and lack of sleep the entire trip has made for a painful-but-valuable visit. When possible I birded nearby parks and the river and found Mallard, Canada Goose, Ring-necked Pheasants and House Sparrows that had me questioning ever leaving home. But, also lots of Black-headed Gulls, Great Cormorants, Eurasian Blackbirds, and Rose-ringed Parakeets. All images were digi-binned.
I found a book store and found a small bird guide written in German. I decided to try to speak German, and when I paid, the woman asked me "blah, blah, blah..." and I replied "Ja". She then proceeded to gift wrap the book and put a big bow on it. All I could do was keep from bustin' up.
Tip for you world-travelers. Don't have dinner in a revolving restaurant after NOT sleeping for 5 days; the view is like two cities converging in a Matrix that had me passing out and my colleagues having a good laugh...
Bruckstraße (Sittich-Schlafbäume), Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Kreisfreie Stadt), Rheinland-Pfalz, DE
Mar 3, 2007 4:00 PM
Protocol: Incidental
Checklist Comments: Just a list of birds observed while driving around BASF properties in Ludwigshafen and Manheim. No details other than ID's.
13 species
Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) 1
Egyptian Goose (Alopochen aegyptiaca) 1
Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) 1
Ring-necked Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus) 2
Common Crane (Grus grus) 3
Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus) 6
Great Cormorant (Phalacrocorax carbo) 3
Eurasian Kestrel (Falco tinnunculus) 1
Rose-ringed Parakeet (Psittacula krameri) 6
Eurasian Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes) 1
Eurasian Blackbird (Turdus merula) 1
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus) 1
Common Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs) 1
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S4
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)




















Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.