Dripping w/ warblers? Or just dripping...

After reading post after post today about trees dripping with warblers, I decided to run out to UM-Dearborn to get in on the action. Unfortunately, the only thing the trees were dripping was water. Thinking that the torrential rains from earlier this afternoon were over, I took the chance of driving over to the Natural Area. Unfortunately for me the closer I got to the Natural Area the harder it seemed to rain. I walked the lakeside trail this afternoon around 4:30 PM with camera and binoculars tucked under my jacket, trying to keep the water out. As I approached the Interpretive Center from behind the parking structure I was able to photograph a White-crowned Sparrow feeding off dandelion seeds in the grass. A single Mallard paid no attention to the rain as it rested in a puddle in the middle of the lawn. As I walked the trail toward the lake a Veery appeared for brief moment. A few moments later the first of several Swainson's Thrush was seen. A few Catbirds later, I was at the south end of the lake, and soaking wet from the rain. A pretty male American Redstart appeared overhead. A quick walk through the Rose Garden yielded a singing Carolina Wren, and two pair of Swainson's Thrushes chasing each other around the ponds. A Least Flycatcher perched momentarily on a dead snag, but flew off before I could get within camera distance. An American Toad hopping across the path seemed to be enjoying the moisture-fest. Back at the south end of the lake a lovely Canada Warbler appeared, followed by a Magnolia Warbler and yet another Swainson's Thrush. As I walked back to the car a Nashville Warbler broke the silence with its 'seebitz-seebitz-see' song. And, as all things end, I got into the car just as the rain ended...