Wyandotte Pine Siskin - 08 Mar 2008


Looking out the window of our back room today I saw a single Pine Siskin on the thistle feeder that hangs just inches away. I took this image through the window while it posed nicely for me. Its the first Pine Siskin I've seen in the yard this winter! 


Among the half-dozen American Goldfinches at the feeders was a partially leucistic bird that looks like the one I saw back in December. I also saw a pair of Juncos and a Song Sparrow that showed up mid-afternoon. 



Spring migration is starting! Recent reports this week include Common Grackles, Red-winged Blackbirds, and Tundra Swans moving in large numbers.

2506 21st Street, Wyandotte, Wayne, Michigan, US
Mar 8, 2008 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:     Feeder
5 species

Tundra Swan (Cygnus columbianus)  2     fly-over
Pine Siskin (Spinus pinus)  1
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  6
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  2
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S42076812

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)