Digiscoping from the kitchen sink - 07 Feb 2009


The Common Redpolls, Pine Siskins and American Goldfinches were happily cleaning out the thistle feeders this morning, so I decided to play w/ the digiscoping setup and get some pics. I set the scope up in the kitchen sink and opened the window so that I could get some images from inside the house. With the feeders only about 20 feet away I played with different zoom settings to see how well the Coolpix P5100 performed.










I've posted a more detailed report on my digiscoping blog.

Later in the afternoon I spotted an immature Cooper's Hawk roosting in the pine tree in the alley here in Wyandotte. The overhead power lines blocked my view from my driveway and the neighbor's, so I climbed out onto the roof and digiscoped it from about 80 feet away. Unfortunately the bird was somewhat back-lit, but the images came out pretty well.







2506 21st Street, Wyandotte, Wayne, Michigan, US
Feb 7, 2009 12:00 PM
Protocol: Incidental
Checklist Comments:     Yard digiscoping from kitchen window
4 species

Cooper's Hawk (Accipiter cooperii)  1     immature
Common Redpoll (Acanthis flammea)  12
Pine Siskin (Spinus pinus)  12
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  12

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S166370467

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)