Yard update - 16 Apr 2009


Yesterday at noon I counted SIX Pine Siskins in the back yard here in Wyandotte. Between the two dozen American Goldfinch, two Dark-eyed Juncos, Black-capped Chickadees, House Finches, Common Grackles, American Robins and European Starlings I'm still filling all seven thistle feeders daily.



One of MY Pine Siskins appears to be awfully plump - as in maybe preggers(?). I could only hope. I think a nest may be nearby, but I'm still trying to find it.


And, its not too often that we get to see one of these birds in alternate (breeding) plumage. Check out this suit. Very smooth lines!

Not a Siskin, but a nice digiscoped House Finch. I've been tweaking my digiscoping adaptor - check out the top image!


2506 21st Street, Wyandotte, Wayne, Michigan, US
Apr 16, 2009 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:     Feeder count
8 species

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  2
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)  2
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  2
House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus)  2
Pine Siskin (Spinus pinus)  6
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  24
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  2
Common Grackle (Quiscalus quiscula)  2

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S42188119

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)