Black-bellied Plovers! - 19 May 2009


After my trip to Crane Creek this morning I stopped at Roberts Rd. and biked out to Cell 3. There I found: 16 Black-bellied Plovers, 12-16 Short-billed Dowitchers, 1 Ruddy Turnstone, ~150 Dunlin, and 5 Semipalmated Sandpipers. Winds were whipping, but I managed a couple of digiscoped images of several of the plovers from across the dike.

On the way back to the car I came across four Ruddy Ducks, including a handsome male. I managed a couple of digiscoped images despite the bird diving every five seconds.




Pte. Mouillee SGA (permit required Sep 1-Dec 15), Monroe, Michigan, US
May 19, 2009 1:00 PM - 2:20 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
6 species

Ruddy Duck (Oxyura jamaicensis)  4
Black-bellied Plover (Pluvialis squatarola)  16     Cell 3
Short-billed Dowitcher (Limnodromus griseus)  12
Ruddy Turnstone (Arenaria interpres)  1
Dunlin (Calidris alpina)  150
Semipalmated Sandpiper (Calidris pusilla)  5

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S42212558

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)