More Cold - 07 Feb 2014
Meanwhile a juvenile / female-type White-winged Scoter appeared in the middle of the channel. Juvenile males and females are difficult to differentiate, but adult females apparently have black bills. This one has orange-pink on its bill, so I'm calling it a juvenile male. However, I'm not certain as some young females can show pink on the bill. Pyle guards against sexing young birds.
John D. Dingell Park, Wayne, Michigan, US
Feb 7, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:40 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments: Cold!
4 species
White-winged Scoter (Melanitta deglandi) 1
Bufflehead (Bucephala albeola) 1
Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) 1
Horned Grebe (Podiceps auritus) 3
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1 01219348
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)
Feb 7, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:40 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments: Cold!
4 species
White-winged Scoter (Melanitta deglandi) 1
Bufflehead (Bucephala albeola) 1
Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) 1
Horned Grebe (Podiceps auritus) 3
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)













Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.