Red-shouldered Hawk - 04 Feb 2014
I spotted this Red-shouldered Hawk in a tree along the Bad Creek Unit and digiscoped it from just behind the Pump House. Been a long time since I've seen these cuties in this area... A Northern Flicker flying by was also a nice surprise.
I did not see any Snowy Owls, and only saw a Northern Harrier and 3 Bald Eagles. On the way back to the car a small flock of 7 Tundra Swans flew overhead. Though it was a quiet afternoon I enjoyed the walk.
Pte. Mouillee SGA (permit required Sep 1-Dec 15), Monroe, Michigan, US
Feb 4, 2014 8:00 AM - 10:20 AM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: Cold, snowy, quiet
5 species
Tundra Swan (Cygnus columbianus) 7
Northern Harrier (Circus hudsonius) 1
Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) 3
Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus) 1 in tree along Bad Creek Unit. Digiscoped. Buteo w/ red head and chest and mottled back.
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) 1
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1 01217974
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)
Feb 4, 2014 8:00 AM - 10:20 AM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: Cold, snowy, quiet
5 species
Tundra Swan (Cygnus columbianus) 7
Northern Harrier (Circus hudsonius) 1
Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) 3
Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus) 1 in tree along Bad Creek Unit. Digiscoped. Buteo w/ red head and chest and mottled back.
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) 1
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)






Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.