First Yard Photos - 16 May 2015


It was raining this morning so I set up the scope in the sunroom windows and waited for something to wander by. A Gray Catbird perched low in the brush at the back of the property line and allowed me to get a few digiscoped images.


A pair of Killdeer were in the muddy/rocky/puddly lot next door, so I turned the scope on them.



I had just set up the hummingbird feeder and no sooner than I did a female Ruby-throated Hummingbird came by and fed. I was too slow with the scope, though and missed her.  Twenty minutes later she came by again and I missed her again.  I would not see her again.

Brownton Abbey, 26340 Higgins Way, Wayne, Michigan, US
May 16, 2015 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:     Yard
3 species

Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris)  1
Killdeer (Charadrius vociferus)  2
Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis)  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S162172976

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)