Shorebirding From My Sunroom! - 20 Jun 2015


Its Saturday morning and I'm sipping coffee as I lounge in my Sunroom here at Brownton Abbey. As I gaze out the window over Brownton Wetlands I spy a Spotted Sandpiper foraging the numerous small mud puddles and ruts that comprise the empty lot next door. I'm able to open the window and scope the sandpiper from 60' away! I was worried that it may have left the area after the fields were mowed, but it appears to have taken shelter across the street in the small ponds occupied by the family of Mallards.



Later in the afternoon I was able to scope a Killdeer pair in the same area as the Spotted Sandpiper!

Not a bad effort. And no spilled coffee!

Brownton Abbey, 26340 Higgins Way, Wayne, Michigan, US
Jun 20, 2015 8:00 AM - 8:20 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:     Yard
3 species

Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)  6
Killdeer (Charadrius vociferus)  1
Spotted Sandpiper (Actitis macularius)  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S162166899

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)