Consolation Fox Sparrow - 11 Nov 2016


I was tempted to take the day off, but a strong northern wind would've made birding difficult today. That said, I was intrigued by a report of a Sagebrush Sparrow showing up at Whitefish Point this morning. The bird was found by Leonard Graf and would remain for the rest of the day. I was tempted to leave work and drive up to look for it, but it would've been 7 hrs up and 7 hrs back tomorrow; work wouldn't let me out in time to consider it.  But, as a small consolation, this handsome Fox Sparrow was foraging below the feeders when I got home. I was able to get some digiscoped images in the late afternoon light before it flew off.  About a dozen Dark-eyed Juncos were keeping it company.






Brownton Abbey, 26340 Higgins Way, Wayne, Michigan, US
Nov 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 4:10 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:     Yard
2 species

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca)  1
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  6

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S161281286

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)