Free Agency in the Optics Dept. - 31 Mar 2017

"This is the toughest job a manager has...But, the Organization has decided to make a change."
 - Bull Durham

After almost 15 years together, I'm sad to announce that I'm selling my Zeiss 85T*Fl Diascope Spotting Scope. This was the scope that introduced me to the art of Digiscoping, and this is the scope that has given me thousands of memorable views and photographs. We've logged many hours together, have traveled many miles, but never has a weight been more joyously carried. I will miss  you, you treasured jewel.

Today, I'm taking delivery of a brand new Swarovski STX 20-60X85 Spotting Scope. As such, I'll be joining the ranks of many talented Digiscopers who call Swarovski their scope of choice*. With heartfelt thanks to Paul Sayegh, I'll also be taking delivery of a new Digidapter specially fitted for the ATX/STX line of Swarovski scopes.

The ATX/STX line of scopes has been around for a few years now. It is a modular system that allows the user to swap 65mm, 85mm or 95mm objectives between angled or straight oculars. The seal is waterproof and allows the user the ability to break down the scope into a kit for easier transport (especially airplanes).

Digiscopers have the option of purchasing the DCB II Adapter for smaller P&S cameras, or the TLS APO Adapter for larger mirrorless or DSLR cameras.  I've always been a fan of Paul's Digidapters so it was an easy decision to call him up and order one for the scope (the Digidapter requires the DRX Sleeve that comes w/ the Swarovski adapters, or  you can order one through Paul's website). There are plenty of online videos showing how to attach the adapters to the scope, so check out the Digidapter website, or Swarovski's website, or YouTube for quick and easy instruction.

Please contact me if you're interested in a Zeiss 85T*Fl Diascope digiscoping system:

Zeiss 85T*Fl Diascope Spotting Scope (older, green version; newer black version is $3400)
25-75X Zoom Eyepiece (with free Digidapter)
40X W Eyepiece (with free Digidapter)
Manfrotto 3120BPRO tripod
Manfrotto 3130 tripod head
Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 III Digital Camera
    (extra battery, 16 GB Scandisk Extreme Pro III SD card)
Zeiss Cleaning Kit
$2000.00 OBO

- Zeiss scope SOLD! (less than 24 hrs...)

April 7th will mark the 10th Anniversary of my digiscoping blog, so everything posted has been w/ the Zeiss 85T*Fl Diascope. The photos speak for the quality of the scope.




* - For the record, I have no affiliation with either Zeiss or Swarovski