Yard Treats - 14 Oct 2018


Having just returned home from the 2018 HMANA Conference I hadn't even taken my coat off when I spotted a Brown Thrasher foraging below the feeders. It only stayed a few moments before ducking back into the brush.

A Dark-eyed Junco appeared, as well. I had seen one earlier in the month, but this one just came in with the wave of birds that arrived overnight. Junco sightings were being reported all over SE Michigan this morning.


The capper came late in the afternoon when I spotted an old friend poking his head outside the box way out back. Eastern Screech Owl. Lighting was poor, but I managed a frame from a 5-minute video I took of it. As of 10/20/18 I've not seen it again. But, I'm constantly looking for it, so hopefully it'll return this winter.


Brownton Abbey, 26340 Higgins Way, Wayne, Michigan, US
Oct 14, 2018 6:00 PM - 6:20 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:     Feeder count
3 species

Eastern Screech-Owl (Megascops asio)  1
Brown Thrasher (Toxostoma rufum)  1
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S158294161

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)