Peregrine Falcon! - 02 Sep 2019
I was sitting on the deck this afternoon and spotted a tiny silhouette high in the stratosphere heading toward me. Wings looked awfully pointy and tail was flared. Mississippi Kite? I had to grab the camera and shoot away as it passed overhead and even soared for a few circuits before disappearing into the clouds.
I reviewed the pics and realized that it was a Peregrine Falcon! Looks like a juvenile, as well. Yard bird #101!
Brownton Abbey, 26340 Higgins Way, Wayne, Michigan, US
Sep 2, 2019 4:30 PM - 4:45 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments: Yard
2 species
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris) 2
Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus) 1
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1 60559221
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)
Sep 2, 2019 4:30 PM - 4:45 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments: Yard
2 species
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris) 2
Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus) 1
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)







Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.