Chickadees! - 24 Oct 2019


I wanted to give Photo Mechanic software a trial run this evening, so I ran outside to look for something to photograph. Luckily, the Black-capped Chickadees were raiding the feeder so I had plenty of opportunity to run up some frames on the Sony a9.






Photo Mechanic appears to do what it claims. I was able to drag the folder of files from the SD card onto the software desktop and instantly have all of the images to browse (Lightroom has a delay while it renders individual images, and the wait can be up to 30 seconds). I was able to scroll through every file without the software crashing (Lightroom's latest version will crash if I browse too many photos at one time). Deleting files was simple. The only issue I had with the software was what to do with the images once I was done browsing. 

How do I save the RAW images to file? I could only save as TIFF, JPG or PSD, and in all cases the files were downsized to 5MB. Is that because this is a trial version? I'll play with it some more. 

Brownton Abbey, 26340 Higgins Way, Wayne, Michigan, US
Oct 24, 2019 6:00 PM - 6:20 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments:     Yard
1 species

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  3

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S160531199

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)