vARYAtions In Lightroom - 13 Oct 2019


Since Sony has released Firmware Version 6.0 for the Sony a9 I've been having fun testing out the Animal Eye-AF Autofocus feature of the camera. And who better than the new kittens to test it on?

Arya is now starting to explore outside the tower so its a little easier to get photographs of her. Little. Best chances for getting her is still in the tower, but hopefully that will change with a few more days.







The Animal Eye-AF works really well with cats and dogs, and the girls were no exception. Even at higher ISO's when I had to use faster shutter speeds the camera worked well. However, the 200-600mm on the a9 was too much lens, so I pulled out the 100-400 mm GM OSS lens and popped it on the Sony a7iii, which already has Animal Eye-AF built into its latest firmware 3.0.

I played with Lightroom a bit adjusting colors and creating B+W and Yellow-only channel images to capture those pretty yellow eyes she has (even as a kitten). Otherwise, I love the soft pastel look I was getting with the normal color palette photographing the walls, fur and bed.




I love all 3 versions of the above photo, but am especially drawn to the middle (Yellow channel only) version. 

Of course, I can't forget her sister Taige, who is a snuggler!