Cooper's Hawk - 05 Jan 2020


On the way home from Willow Run Airport I cut through Willow Metropark to look for a possible Broad-winged Hawk that Don Sherwood reported a day earlier. He couldn't verify at the time, so I gave a passing look as I drove through the park. I didn't see any birds except a single adult Cooper's Hawk perched in the tree next to the road. Convection currents made photography difficult as I shot with a window open, but I knew getting out would scare it away.




Willow Metropark, Wayne, Michigan, US
Jan 5, 2020 9:45 AM - 9:55 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments:     Drove through park on way to Oakwoods MP; Don Sherwood had reported possible Broad-winged Hawk yesterday but had no photos;
2 species

Cooper's Hawk (Accipiter cooperii)  1     adult w/ black cap and gray nape;
Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S63060265

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)