Sparkling Isolation, Day 2 - 25 Mar 2020


"Quarantine is a term that is only appropriate for a certain region of France. Everywhere else its called Sparkling Isolation." - Jaques Pepin

Working from home day 2 was a bit of a challenge. With blue skies, singing Chorus Frogs and Spring Peepers, and a 6-month old kitten (Yara) that squeaked at me every 10 minutes to come and give her snuggles on the couch. But, Covid-19 is a serious problem and we are doing everything to make it easier for our healthcare workers by staying off the roads and avoiding all human contact.


I spent some time digiscoping the American Goldfinches and Dark-eyed Juncos through the back window. A Chipmunk also made an appearance nearby.





After an early dinner I decided to head out back of the house and see if I could find some spring frogs to photograph. I grabbed the scope and Sony a7III and headed into the field and stood for a good 45 minutes scanning the small puddles in front of me without any luck. The Chorus Frogs and Peepers were deafeningly loud around me, but I couldn't see them. So, I decided to digiscope some of the nearby remnants of winter.





A pair of Eastern Bluebirds were singing somewhere behind me, but I couldn't relocate them. Instead, I digiscoped a somewhat cooperative American Robin.


Brownton Abbey, 26340 Higgins Way, Wayne, Michigan, US
Mar 25, 2020 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Protocol: Incidental
Checklist Comments:     Yard; Covid-19 Quarantine Day 2
4 species

Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis)  2
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  1
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  6
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  8

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S160294340

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)