Turkey Vultures - 07 Oct 2020
While working on DRHW Facebook archiving I watched almost 500 Turkey Vultures stream west along the tree line out back. Most of the birds were passing just over the wires so they were close enough for photo opps.
I also had a juvenile Chipping Sparrow earlier this morning under the feeder (poor pics), along with White-crowned (female) and White-throated Sparrows.
A Swamp Sparrow ducked out into the open for a few moments and gave me pause; it looked like a cross between White-throated Sparrow / Song Sparrow / Swamp Sparrow / and Mourning Warbler.
A Pine Siskin made a brief appearance under the feeders until flushed. Numerous sightings have been made of these finches in the past few days!
Brownton Abbey, 26340 Higgins Way, Wayne, Michigan, US
Oct 7, 2020 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Protocol: Stationary
8 species
Sandhill Crane (Antigone canadensis) 2
Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura) 500 While working on DRHW Facebook archiving I watched almost 500 Turkey Vultures stream west along the tree line out back. Most of the birds were passing just over the wires so they were close enough for photo opps.
Pine Siskin (Spinus pinus) 1
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 4
Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina) 1
White-crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia leucophrys) 2
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) 2
Swamp Sparrow (Melospiza georgiana) 1
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)




















Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.