Refuge Sightings - 04 Nov 2021
I stopped by the Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge Humbug Marsh Unit and made a quick circuit of the short loop trail.
A Great Egret flew overhead and headed east into the canal behind the Visitor Center.
Song Sparrows were aplenty along the boardwalk at the southernmost tip of the short loop.
Rusty Blackbirds continue in the Monguagon Delta area. Today I counted about 60 birds.
European Starlings were flocking in the trees along the edge of the delta and numbered in the hundreds to thousand.
I was too slow to catch a Winter Wren that flushed and landed at the base of the trees ahead of me. It disappeared into the brush before I could get a focus.
White-throated Sparrows and a White-breasted Nuthatch made appearances, as well.
Detroit River IWR--Refuge Gateway (Humbug Marsh), Wayne, Michigan, US
Nov 4, 2021 5:00 PM - 5:40 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
7 species
Great Egret (Ardea alba) 1
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) 2
Winter Wren (Troglodytes hiemalis) 1
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) 300
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) 2
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 5
Rusty Blackbird (Euphagus carolinus) 60
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)















Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.