Evening at LEMP - 14 Dec 2021
Robin and I took a drive to Pt. Mouillee this evening. I made an attempt to look for the Little Gull but only saw white caps and a few scattered Bonaparte's Gulls at a distance. Bufflehead, Common Goldeneye, and Lesser Scaup were congregating in loose rafts near the mouth of the Huron River, but were too distant for photos. The wind was blowing and I was getting cold, so we headed over to Lake Erie Metropark to check out Cove Point.
Pte. Mouillee SGA--HQ, Wayne, Michigan, US
Dec 14, 2021 4:30 PM - 4:50 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: Windy, cold,
4 species
Lesser Scaup (Aythya affinis) 13
Bufflehead (Bucephala albeola) 23
Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) 20
Bonaparte's Gull (Chroicocephalus philadelphia) 4
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)
Cove Point was surprisingly void of birds. The lake was only showing a few distant Mallard. So I headed back to the car. Luckily, I found a few American Tree Sparrows and White-throated Sparrows among the phragmites growing along the canal. A Carolina Wren sang somewhere in the distance. So, with the sunset approaching we headed home to warm up.
Dec 14, 2021 5:10 PM - 5:20 PM
Protocol: Stationary
4 species
Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) 6
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 1
American Tree Sparrow (Spizelloides arborea) 3
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) 3
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S1
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)





Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I will try to respond ASAP.