Pre-migration at LEMP - 12 Apr 2022


With sunshine and 70F weather this afternoon Robin and I took the opportunity to take a stroll at Lake Erie Metropark. A hike along the trail next to the Marshland Museum was quiet, but still very pleasant. Tonight I was carrying the 100-400 f/5.6 with the A1. Small and lightweight. I liked it!

A pair of Cedar Waxwing were the only birdlife on the trails, so I took advantage of their charity and spent the remaining walk chasing phragmites.

As we drove out the ponds next to the road held an unusal number of Blue-winged Teal that were both close to shore and cooperative. Anomalies... 



Lake Erie Metropark, Wayne, Michigan, US
Apr 12, 2022 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments:     70F and sunny
2 species

Blue-winged Teal (Spatula discors)  6
Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum)  2

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S159609258

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (https://ebird.org/home)

Comments